CloudSpeed 500 Internals
The CloudSpeed 500 comes in a 2.5" form factor with a slim 7mm Z-Height. This will allow for deployment into blade servers and dense applications. The SSD also features internal thermal monitoring and enhanced SMART statistics for monitoring the SSD.
The SSD comes in a 2.5" form factor aluminum chassis.
The SandForce SF-2581 controller rests flush against a thermal pad. This allows the SSD to withstand temperatures up to 70C.
The 24nm MLC NAND is rebadged with SMART Storage Systems logo. This NAND has been through a re-characterization process and optimized to provide 15,000 P/E cycles.
There is 256GB of raw NAND onboard the CloudSpeed 500, and 224GB is user addressable.
The third-generation power loss protection is provided by an array of capacitors along the edge of the PCB. We can also observe the additional open pads for more capacitors with the larger capacity version of the CloudSpeed 500. These capacitors provide reliable protection in high-heat environments.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hollow Knight for Switch, Gods & Glory free DLC details
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit