Not that long ago now we took a look at the Kraken series and more specifically the X40. What we saw then is that the Kraken series of AIO coolers, while being a bit loud, now shares top honors amongst AIO coolers with the Swiftech H220. Considering the radiator is a bit smaller when we discuss surface area with the Kraken X40 compared to the H220, and that the H220 used two fans to obtain that level of efficiency, there is a lot going for the Kraken coolers. I know we could even improve on the X40 results by adding a pair of fans by at least a couple of degrees, and that takes results right on into the custom kit temperatures. I think the day has finally arrived where a closed loop AIO can really start to take on custom water kits, and with most of the old issues well in the past, there is no reason to shy away from these systems to cool your processor.
As with any AIO that has been released outside of the "big two" companies making all of them, they come in some sort of pairs. Since we looked at the single 140mm radiator, a thin version, there are two routes to take to offer a more efficient version. The first way is to thicken the single 140mm radiator to give you double the surface area of the fins, but with a thicker radiator come issues with finding a fan really capable of getting all the way through with anything left in the tank. This is why they come with a pair of fans in most cases, because with one fan, they don't get the air flow they need. The other way to go is to offer a double radiator, or in the case of NZXT, they offer a 280mm by 140mm radiator in this new release.
With what I have seen from the X40, the Kraken series is already in the top of the game, and with the new larger radiator, I can only think that the Kraken X60 we are looking at today is going to kick some ass and take names as it climbs higher up the chart. To be honest, I am not expecting this unit to go right to the top, but I know the larger design has to be worth a few degrees over the X40, and that is promising enough to make me excited to try it.
Hang tight as I work my way through all the aspects and features that this new X60 has to offer as we then get to the meat and potatoes of the results and see just where the Kraken X60 stands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [NZXT Kraken X60 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [NZXT Kraken X60 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Congressman calls Facebook Libra cryptocurrency a 'shitcoin'
- 1.6 million people plan to attend Area 51 event on Sep 20
- PSVR 2 rumor: wireless, eye/head-tracing tech, start at $250
- Shadowkeep may be Destiny 2's last expansion
- Nintendo called out on cheap Switch controllers
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer