Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The OCZ Vertex 3.20 comes in two capacity sizes - 240GB and 120GB. We reviewed the 240GB model yesterday and now we have the 120GB in the lab for a rundown. The new product in the Vertex 3 family pairs LSI's SF-2281 controller with new IMFT 20nm flash. OCZ is one of the first significant SSD players to bring 20nm flash to the market, but we've seen Toshiba's 19nm Toggle used for the last four months in retail products.
In our testing we found the 240GB Vertex 3.20 to be a good performer with only a minor performance loss when compared to the original Vertex 3 240GB. Looking at the specs of the Vertex 3.20 120GB, the same can't be said. OCZ rates the 120GB model at 20K read IOPS and just 40K write IOPS. Both new Vertex 3.20 share the same sequential performance - 550MB/s read and 520MB/s write.
Newegg already shows the two new Vertex 3.20 drives in stock. The Vertex 3.20 120GB sells for $114.99 and the 240GB model sells for $219.99. At the time of writing Newegg still had the original Vertex 3 120GB in stock at $119.99, but not the 240GB model.
The new mainstream placement for the Vertex brand means new packaging and a new accessory package. You still get a three year warranty, but the desktop adapter bracket is gone with 3.20. Let's take a look at everything included.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Package]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series