Specifications, Availability and Pricing
With one of the best specifications charts for any mouse I have yet to see, the El'Druin is explained pretty well of its features and dimensions. The left side of the chart shows that this mouse comes shipped with the Avago ADNS 9500 laser sensor that offers users a DPI range from 100 DPI on up to 5000 DPI. It then discusses the use of the pair of Omron switches under the left and right click buttons. Moving on it covers the Omni Tuner on the right side of the mouse that can be used for various things like DPI and profile management, while the other side offers a five direction SPAD controller, which under normal terms would be referred to as a D-PAD. All told, there are 12 total buttons that are fully programmable, four custom profiles, and an LED cue system that lets the user know which profile they are in at that current moment.
On top of the unique outer design, the El'Druin offers users the ability to comfort fit the mouse to the palm of your hand with one of four optional palm plates. There are two separate styles of these plates, and two different materials for each. One set is made with the same colored plastic that matches the rest of the El'Druin, while the other set offers a rubberized non-skid coating to allow users whichever option feels best. There is a larger set called the Heaven Plates. These are a bit longer, slightly wider, and a millimeter taller than the Inferno plates that are also offered here. Off to the right side of the chart you can see that there are two sets of measurements as well, one set of dimensions with the Heaven Plates installed, and another set for the Inferno plates. One thing that does stay the same is the light weight of this mouse that weighs in at only 120 grams with any of the plates installed.
Since I have seen reviews of this mouse as early as this past January, I would have assumed it to be much easier to locate this mouse to buy one. In the beginning I was seeing that the MSRP was set to $89.95, but in my searching I wasn't able to find it at that price point. After looking at all the usual haunts, even changing Google to UK and Taiwan I came up empty. So one last try was made searching places like Newegg and Amazon, and low and behold, Amazon does in fact have them for sale. What I found was that since Amazon is the only place carrying them, they are asking a bit more currently with a price point set at $99.95, but it does offer free shipping.
As time goes by, I do hope more e-tailers pick up the El'Druin, because competition lowers the pricing, and for nearly $100, most users will pass just looking at that price. That isn't to say that $10 will make or break a sale, but getting too close to that $100 mark will indeed scare off customers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard