Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
With a suggested retail price of $149 the AMD Radeon HD 7790 is going to hit at an excellent price point. Of course this priced is based on a reference card, for the option from Sapphire, you're probably looking at an extra $10 - $15. This is a price increase that we'd say is worth it due to the overclock, but more so the quality of the cooler, which performs extremely well.
As for availability we're still a few weeks out from the model officially hitting with it expected to show up in the first week of April. It continues to look like the HD 7000 series is going to be around for a while longer and AMD have room to create a HD 7890 now if they wanted along with a HD 7990.
If AMD really wanted to create a new single GPU card to take on the Titan they could release a HD 7990 and bring in a dual GPU card under a name like HD 7900 X or HD 7990 X2 to different it from the single GPU offerings.
Moving away from that, though, and instead focusing again on the HD 7790, we've got a strong model that as we just mentioned above is going to hit at a strong price point. You can see it plays well with newer games like Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absolution at 1680 x 1050 and 1920 x 1200 becomes an option under some games.
I think something that's going to be interesting is CrossFire performance which will be something we look soon. At $300 for a pair you could end up with quite a nice little dual GPU powerhouse for your rig at an excellent price point.
Of course you're probably always going to prefer to have something higher end, but if you're looking for a video card and your budget is around that mid $100 mark, the HD 7790 is looking to be a great option, and Sapphire has only worked to make it better. Of course we'll have to see how NVIDIA respond.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM