Checking out the Sapphire HD 7790 Dual-X OC you can see it's of course a dual fan card as you'd expect by the model name. Overall, though, it's a good looking card with the black and silver setup. What we really love, though, is the matte black PCB which would go fantastic with a matte black GIGABYTE motherboard. As for the heatsink setup you can see it's pretty strong with the copper heatpipes running through the middle to pull hot air away from the GPU.
Moving across the top you can see just a single 6-pin PCIe power connector is needed for power while closer to the front we have just a single CrossFire connector giving us the ability to run two of these cards in CrossFire.
Looking at the connectivity side of things you can see two DVI ports alongside a HDMI and full size DisplayPort connector. You can see a small vent setup, but nothing too major due to the larger amount of connectors that are offered here.
Getting onto the specification side of things we can see some of the main specs below. We'll cover it in a bit more detail here, though, as we look at some of the other key areas. Compared to the HD 7770 we see an increase in stream processors from 640 to 896. At stock both cards carry with it a default 1000MHz core clock and 1GB of GDDR5 on a 128-bit memory bus remains the same. Due to an increase in memory speed, though, the memory bandwidth has increased from up from 72GB/s to 96GB/s. Average power draw on the model has also slightly increased from 80w to 85w.
Looking above you can see that Sapphire has got the core coming in at 1075MHz which is 75MHz up on the reference speed. The 1GB of GDDR5 has been increased from the default 6000MHz QDR to 6400MHz QDR, as you can see above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Far Cry 5 detail the dog Boomer, mans best friend
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance sells 1 million copies in 1 month
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Corsair Obsidian 500D Premium Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit