Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
As we mentioned in the start at $449.99 the ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM is the most expensive Z77 board on the market, although at the time of writing, it's out of stock over at Newegg. Looking at what this board offers it doesn't come as a surprise the price it hits at and for the most part we don't have an issue justifying it.
We want to discuss the included mSATA drive. We don't like the inclusion of it. The best feature it brings to the table is that it's an awesome addition so you can easily make use of Intel Smart Response and Rapid Start technology, because we know the 32GB size isn't enough to make it your primary drive.
We like the concept, but the main issue we have is that if you've got $449.99 for a motherboard, the chances are that you'll probably have the money to afford a decent sized SATA III SSD, to act as your main hard drive. It would be a lot faster than the 32GB drive using the ASUS caching technology, clearly a lot bigger and just overall more convenient.
I think the way we see companies simply just offer us the mSATA port on the motherboard is enough. mSATA is still something that hasn't entirely taken off and with SATA III SSD drives becoming faster and more affordable, most people would probably still continue to find themselves opting for that storage path over this one.
Moving away from that, though, and going through the rest of the board, we've got an offering from ASUS that is packed full of features. We've got the Wi-Fi GO! card that offers both wireless and Bluetooth connectivity. Thunderbolt is on offer although is something we continue to feel a little underwhelmed by.
Outside of the features we've got typical ASUS performance and the best thing about "typical ASUS performance" is that it tends to be some of the best performance on the market. Out of the box we see some extremely strong numbers which often put it ahead of the competition. When it comes to the overclocking side of things performance is also extremely stellar with a very nice overclock on offer.
The ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM is truly an awesome motherboard that has a huge amount going for it. The price point means it's not for everyone and the inclusion of the mSATA SSD isn't going to be for everyone. Nonetheless, this is a fantastic motherboard from the folks over at ASUS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market