Newegg has the Icy Dock FlexCage MB973SP-2B, the model we looked at today, for $96.99. The same unit without USB 3.0 costs $10 less and is available at Newegg as well.
The price doesn't make this FlexCage great value for those without a specific need for a drive cage. It does fill the need for those of us with spare HDDs that get swapped around different machines often. If you pull drives from one machine to use in another quite a bit then it would make sense to buy a FlexCage for each of your computers.
The system performs well and adds a nice level of convenience for users. In our tests, the HDD actually performed a little better inside the MB973SP-2B than it did just sitting on a desk. I can't count the number of times I've formatted or read data back from a drive with it just sitting on desk. What I never considered is how bad the vibration is to the HDD. If just sitting on a desk is enough to slow the drive a small amount, then it can't be good for the delicate components inside. If you have data on a spare drive the chances are it's important data, so putting it at risk isn't something you want to do.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM