Surface 1030 L
Packaging for the mouse pad is the same as it is for the mouse. Plain white in the background, the company name in orange, and the name of the product in black. What this also offers is that it shows there is an L version which we have, as well and an XL version of this pad.
Repeated in three other languages, on the back there is a description of the Surface and why you should have one. That along with the specification of this are found here.
Inside of the lid of the Surface is the same sort of thing we found inside the mouse packaging. They really want people to know how they got started and why.
Under a layer of foam, you will find the Surface 1030 L packed inside of more foam. For this reason they have added the orange pull tab on the left to easily lift the Surface out of the box. There is some paper work, but aside from telling you how to flip the inner surface over, there isn't much to be seen.
The Surface 1030 L is rounded at the top and the bottom to follow the natural swing of your arm, in and arch. There is the FUNC name and product name painted in grey on this 330mm by 260mm area.
The Surface 1030 L comes with this side of it facing up. To make it much simpler this is the rough side of the pad, and as you can see there is an obvious texture to this side. This should make for faster movements, but it can be less accurate.
Sticking your finger through a hole in the back lifts the inner section from the large ring and back of the outer component so that you can easily flip it over. Here you see the other side, or the smooth and more accurate side that may be a bit slower in movement due to more drag on the mouse feet.
Even though this is made of a slick polycarbonate plastic, that doesn't mean it won't stay put. There are eight large feet around the edge and an even larger one to support the middle of the Surface. You can also see the hole at the bottom left to poke the center section out.
These feet just aren't the typical smooth foam you would find on most plastic mouse pads, here FUNC is cutting no corners and uses a textured surface and a soft foam density to allow the Surface to gain good traction on almost everything, including glass table tops.
Just to give you a better idea of the size of the large version, you can see that even with a very large mouse like the MS-3 on the Surface 1030 L, there is plenty of room to navigate the mouse. Since I game normally in the 5000 DPI range, this pad is fine, but if you are a lower DPI gamer, like under 2500, I would suggest the XL version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [FUNC MS-3 Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Inside the MS-3]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Software]
- Page 8 [Surface 1030 L]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon