Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are lower than that of the Silverstone Zeus 1350W power supply, we can only test it to 1000W. Also note that for testing purposes, we will be testing the power supply in single rail mode.
The above tests represent typical loads that we have measured from various systems and are meant to give a rough idea of where your computer might fall in line with our tests. Please keep in mind that each system is different and actual loads can vary greatly even with similar hardware.
Something that we don't normally have present here are two result tables for one power supply. The table above represents the unit out of the box without any adjustments.
Let's start by taking a look at the voltages to see how well this unit did during testing. Starting with the 12V rail, we see 2% regulation from start to finish with a total drop of .12V. The 5V rail managed to stay within 2% of specification with a total drop of .07V from start to finish. Moving towards the 3.3V rail, we see that regulation was within 2% of specification with a total voltage drop of .07V.
DC Output quality for the Zeus 1350W was superb and well within specification. During Test 1, we saw 7mV of noise on our scope. When we increased the loads in Test 4, the ripple climbed to 14mV at a little over half load. During Test 6 under a load of 1000W, the oscilloscope showed a maximum of 20mv on noise on the 12V rail.
The Silverstone Zeus 1350W power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Silver efficiency. This means that the power supply must perform at 85%/88%/85% efficiency at 20%/50%/100% loads respectively. As you can see, the Zeus 1350W passed on our bench, and wasn't close to failing at any point.
The above results are after taking the time to adjust voltages on each rail and making sure everything was stable. As you can see, very little changed concerning efficiency and DC output quality, but the voltage regulation results changed drastically. All three rails were able to be tuned to within 1% regulation and much tighter than anything we've ever been able to produce before.
There are currently just over a handful of true enthusiast style power supplies on the market right now and the Zeus is competing for a spot in which those who seek a power supply of this level demand the absolute best, no matter the cost. It is safe to say that the Zeus deserves one of these spots on performance alone as the above results speak clearly as to what the unit is capable of.
It doesn't seem like anything special out of the box as the numbers from the first result chart don't differentiate it from any of the other Silverstone power supplies that we've seen. In fact, it fairs slightly worse due to the lack of efficiency. That drastically changes when you add in the ability to tune the voltages to the levels we were achieving. It becomes and overclocker's dream unit as it produces clean power at the voltage levels you desire.
We're glad to see Silverstone bring the Zeus to market for high-end overclockers and we expect this to become the power supply of choice for many wishing to take their overclocking above and beyond. I hope to see Silverstone keep the Zeus around and would love to see them mix it with capabilities of the Corsair AXi series power supplies.
Perhaps a future revamp of the Zeus can add such features and make this the best power supply ever released to the consumer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit