At $279.99 the HIS HD 7850 iPower IceQ Turbo 4GB is the most expensive HD 7850 card available at Newegg. At the same time it's also the only card to offer 4GB of GDDR5 - all the others offer 2GB. We're not the biggest fan of huge amounts of memory on video cards. Previous testing has shown that 6GB versions of the higher end HD 7970 really offer nothing over the standard 3GB versions.
With that being said we won't ever deny that there's no market for larger memory versions of video card models. Double the amount of memory on the HIS HD 7850 iPower IceQ Turbo 4GB is a nice addition. If you're happy to spend the extra money and like to know that you're packing a massive 4GB of GDDR5 on your HD 7850, then go for it.
The 4GB GDDR5 makes this an attractive card and something that will grab your attention. Everything else involved makes it a fantastic card, too. The 1000MHz core clock means that out of the box we've got some fantastic performance. That overclock helps push our numbers up to 60 FPS a number of times - a number that wouldn't be reached on a stock clocked card.
The cooler is awesome. We'd expect nothing less from a card sporting the IceQ name. Not only does it manage to keep the core running at an extremely good temperature at both idle and load, but it also manages to do that with some awesome noise levels that put the card towards the bottom of the pack, an area you want to be in, when it comes to noise and temperature.
iPower clearly works as well. Looking at the power graphs you can see some great numbers again with idle and load numbers looking extremely impressive on the HIS video card here today.
In typical HIS fashion they've managed to put together a really strong card that performs in all the right areas. The 4GB of GDDR5 is a nice addition, but it doesn't do a whole lot extra for performance as games continue to struggle hitting 2GB of memory usage. In the end, though, this is a card that we'd recommend to someone in a heartbeat if it falls within their budget.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit