Alongside the GIGABYTE Z77N-WiFi which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked, we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, ASUS Maximus V Gene and the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WiFi.
When it came to overclocking we knew that we weren't going to achieve the same kind of overclock as we see out of larger motherboards. First we generally thought that because mITX boards just don't overclock as well, as they tend to not be designed for overclocking. When we headed to the BIOS, though, and saw that voltage adjustment was only offered on our memory and nothing to do with the CPU or the chipset; we knew that overclocking was going to be more limited.
With that said we headed into the BIOS to see just what we could do with the Intel i7 3770k. We thought just for laughs we'd go to the 47x multiplier, which is normally the max of our chip. With no surprise when we got out of the BIOS and the machine rebooted, we didn't get anywhere.
We headed back into the BIOS and started messing around with our multiplier some more working our way down. Eventually we got to 44x and everything was running smooth in Windows. We had no issue completing a MediaEspresso encode, which is always the benchmark that breaks our overclock.
With the 44x multiplier running well we headed back into the BIOS to see if we could do anything with the BCLK. We ended up with a final clock of 4439.23MHz or 4.44GHz as illustrated in our graphs. This was achieved as you can see above with a 44x multiplier and a 100.89 BCLK.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- Blizzard teams with Hasbro for Overwatch Nerf toy guns
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit