Alongside the GIGABYTE Z77N-WiFi which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked, we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, ASUS Maximus V Gene and the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WiFi.
When it came to overclocking we knew that we weren't going to achieve the same kind of overclock as we see out of larger motherboards. First we generally thought that because mITX boards just don't overclock as well, as they tend to not be designed for overclocking. When we headed to the BIOS, though, and saw that voltage adjustment was only offered on our memory and nothing to do with the CPU or the chipset; we knew that overclocking was going to be more limited.
With that said we headed into the BIOS to see just what we could do with the Intel i7 3770k. We thought just for laughs we'd go to the 47x multiplier, which is normally the max of our chip. With no surprise when we got out of the BIOS and the machine rebooted, we didn't get anywhere.
We headed back into the BIOS and started messing around with our multiplier some more working our way down. Eventually we got to 44x and everything was running smooth in Windows. We had no issue completing a MediaEspresso encode, which is always the benchmark that breaks our overclock.
With the 44x multiplier running well we headed back into the BIOS to see if we could do anything with the BCLK. We ended up with a final clock of 4439.23MHz or 4.44GHz as illustrated in our graphs. This was achieved as you can see above with a 44x multiplier and a 100.89 BCLK.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's next-gen RTX server pods pack 1280 Turing GPUs
- Google's console-killer Stadia wages war on the industry
- Google's Stadia changes gaming forever
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms