Alongside the GIGABYTE Z77N-WiFi which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked, we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, ASUS Maximus V Gene and the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WiFi.
When it came to overclocking we knew that we weren't going to achieve the same kind of overclock as we see out of larger motherboards. First we generally thought that because mITX boards just don't overclock as well, as they tend to not be designed for overclocking. When we headed to the BIOS, though, and saw that voltage adjustment was only offered on our memory and nothing to do with the CPU or the chipset; we knew that overclocking was going to be more limited.
With that said we headed into the BIOS to see just what we could do with the Intel i7 3770k. We thought just for laughs we'd go to the 47x multiplier, which is normally the max of our chip. With no surprise when we got out of the BIOS and the machine rebooted, we didn't get anywhere.
We headed back into the BIOS and started messing around with our multiplier some more working our way down. Eventually we got to 44x and everything was running smooth in Windows. We had no issue completing a MediaEspresso encode, which is always the benchmark that breaks our overclock.
With the 44x multiplier running well we headed back into the BIOS to see if we could do anything with the BCLK. We ended up with a final clock of 4439.23MHz or 4.44GHz as illustrated in our graphs. This was achieved as you can see above with a 44x multiplier and a 100.89 BCLK.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard