Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $129.99 the GIGABYTE Z77N-WiFi comes in a little cheaper than expected. Considering the strong feature set on the board and the I/O line up, I thought that we'd be looking at more around the $149.99 mark - even more so when you consider the decision for GIGABYTE to opt for the black PCB, which looks fantastic.
Overclocking was always going to be limited due to the fact that we don't have the ability to adjust the voltage of the CPU or the chipset. Coming in at 4.44GHz, though, is still strong, especially when you consider everything is running at stock voltage. The only change to voltage comes with our memory and we ran that at 1.65v with our CPU running at both stock and overclocked speeds.
While not the strongest overclock, the benefit is that it impacts both heat and power in such a small way. At 4.4GHz we see our CPU running at only 62c. Considering we can see our CPU get into the 90s when overclocking, this is very good - especially considering if you plan to build this board into a small chassis. Performance out of the box is strong, it falls slightly behind in some areas, but it's nothing major and it's not under every benchmark.
Overclocking as you'd expect brings with it a decent jump in performance even though we're not dealing with a clock speed that is as high as usual. Feature wise the board is also really strong, the WiFi / Bluetooth 4.0 option is great and the dual antenna setup is going to help give you as much range and signal strength as possible.
Along with all that, though, we've just got a great looking board. We're so glad that GIGABYTE opted to go with the black PCB and not the blue one we see on their cheaper boards. All in all GIGABTYE has put together a really nice mITX motherboard that would look great and work rather well in most mITX cases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's new GDDR6 should power next-gen GeForce RTX 2080
- Resident Evil 2 Premium Edition costs a huge $900
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX overclocked to 6GHz with LN2
- Dishonored series is sleeping for now, says Arkane
- Bandai Namco may be making a new horror game
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market