Important Shadow Defender Usage Tips - Part 1
Make sure you always put at the very least your system volume (C:) in Shadow Mode before you go online, before running an unknown program, or before allowing children to use the computer. Once again make sure that SD has been locked with a strong and secure password.
I have already mentioned this on the LV/IRS introduction, but it should be mentioned again: If you get infected and your system volume is on Shadow Mode, don't give the malware time to call back to its maker! As soon as you realize that something is wrong, disconnect from the internet immediately. Ignore any new screen pop-ups and messages alerting you to infections and prompting you to clean up: In many cases such messages belong to fake antivirus malware or ransomware that have possibly infected your system. Only trust such messages if they originate from your existing anti-malware programs.
If Shadow Mode was activated for C: prior to the infection you don't need to clean-up anything anyway; all you need to do is to switch off the computer. If your system is frozen you must hold the computer's power button for a few seconds until it switches off (hard reset). If this doesn't work just switch off mains power or unplug the power cord, and remove the battery if the system is a laptop/netbook. Wait 20 seconds or so and then power the system back on. All trouble should be undone and your Windows partition should be reverted back to its previous clean state.
Post-infection check: After Windows loads again and the infection has been undone, make sure to update your antivirus definitions and run a full system scan. I have tested SD on three different test systems and with a wide variety of sturdy malware; to my experience there have never been any leftovers whatsoever after a reboot: SD has always managed to completely contain and fully undo everything I ever threw at it.
My testing always took place on real test beds. Many users often perform such malware resistance tests within virtual machines. Personally I think that accurate conclusions can only be reached when such testing takes place on actual systems.
A small problem has been reported where certain programs may lose their configuration settings when C: is taken out of Shadow Mode. This is a very rare occurrence and it seems to depend on specific software configurations regardless of the OS used. Personally I have installed SD on many different systems during the last two years, without ever experiencing this. Nevertheless, the developer is currently gathering data from the few affected users in order to fix this minor issue.
If you are interested in trying or buying Shadow Defender, you can visit this website.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Overview and History]
- Page 2 [Program Functionality Analysis]
- Page 3 [The Importance of Multi-Layered System Protection]
- Page 4 [System Requirements, Installation and Registration]
- Page 5 [Software Usage Part 1 - Mode Setting]
- Page 6 [Software Usage Part 2 - Mode Setting Continued]
- Page 7 [Software Usage Part 3]
- Page 8 [Software Usage Part 4]
- Page 9 [Important Shadow Defender Usage Tips - Part 1]
- Page 10 [Important Shadow Defender Usage Tips - Part 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit