Specifications, Availability and Pricing
This single tower cooler uses Sapphire's well know Vapor Chamber at the base to draw heat from the processor. Then through a skived heat sink on the top of the base, four 7mm heat pipes pass through to deliver heat further away from the base of the Vapor-X CPU cooler. From the pipes the heat is delivered into 63 aluminum fins with partially closed sides. To rid the cooler of heat Sapphire has supplied two 120mm fans placed in shrouds that help with the aesthetics of the overall design. These combined with the blue LED backlit top portion gives the cooler a completed look that normal exposed towers lack aesthetically.
Sticking a bit more to the chart up there, the Vapor-X is 135mm wide, 104mm wide and stands 163.5mm tall, while weighing in at 924 grams. As I mentioned, you get two fans to cool this tower, the Martech DF1202512SEUN fans to be more exact. These fans can max-out at 2200 RPM delivering 77CFM of air flow and 2.6mmH2O of static pressure, each. They are based off a sleeve bearing and both fans use a 4-pin PWM connector. They even supply a Y-splitter cable for those of you without dual CPU fan headers on your motherboards. Also with the universal nature of the mounting hardware, the Vapor-X CPU cooler will fit anything since Intel's LGA775 and anything since AMD's AM2 socket right on up to all the latest sockets.
For the Vapor-X CPU cooler, prices were set back in December when I got my first sample at $80. The real shame of this matter is that even with three months now gone by since I received my first cooler, and there still aren't listings in the US market for this cooler.
While the site shows I should be able to shop for Sapphire goods at places like Newegg and AVADirect, neither site is currently listing anything, and it makes me now think that this cooler is marketed for the other side of the pond only. I guess I should consider myself lucky I even got to see this cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Sapphire Vapor-X Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Sapphire Vapor-X Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 9 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 10 [Testing History]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit