The File Server profile represents typical file server workloads. This profile tests a wide variety of different file sizes simultaneously, with an 80% read and 20% write distribution.
The SM843 averages 36,413 IOPS at QD256, very close to the Optimus; the P400m 29,311 IOPS, the DC S3700 30,888 IOPS, and the Optimus 39,434 IOPS.
The SM843 gives an excellent showing in this test, with 90% of I/O coming in at 6-8ms.
The SM843 averages 1.96 Watts, the P400m averages 2.76 Watts, the Intel averages 2.2 Watts, and the Optimus averages 5.41 Watts.
The SM843 gives 18,507 IOPS per Watt, the P400m 10,593 IOPS, the Intel 14,040 IOPS, and the Optimus weighs in at 7,276 IOPS per Watt.
The Emailserver profile is very demanding 8K test with a 50% read and 50% write distribution. This application is indicative of the performance of the solution in heavy write workloads.
The SM843 unsurprisingly falls into some wide latency variances with this heavy write workload. The SM843 averages 11,911 IOPS at QD356, the Micron 16,609 IOPS, the Intel 30,632 IOPS, and the Optimus averages 26,762 IOPS.
The SM843 has a very wide distribution of latency in the workload; this is evidently not an intended workload for the SM843 with the heavy write percentage. 62% of I/O falls into the 10-20ms range, 20% in 8-10ms, and 15% in 20-40ms, followed by a wide range topping out at 80-100ms.
The SM843 averages 2.69 Watts at QD256, the P400m 2.74 Watts, the Intel DC S3700 4.12 Watts, and the Optimus averaged 6.58 Watts. This averages out to 4,421 IOPS per Watt for the SM843, 6,041 IOPS for the Micron P400m, 7,425 IOPS for the Intel, and 4,066 IOPS per Watt for the Optimus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New digital-only Xbox reveal likely for E3 2019
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card