128K Sequential Read/Write
The 128K sequential speeds reflect the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD using a realistic file size actually encountered in an enterprise scenario.
The SM843 performs very well with pure sequential workloads, scoring an average of 527MB/s at QD256. This tremendous read speed actually matches the SAS-powered Optimus. The Micron averaged 413MB/s in sequential reads at QD256, the Intel DC S3700 473MB/s, and the Optimus 526MB/s.
The SM846 averages an impressive 487MB/s in sequential write speed at QD256. The Micron P400m averages 318MB/s, the DC S3700 444MB/s, and the Optimus weighs in at 514MB/s.
The SM843 performs very well at both ends of the extreme. With pure sequential read and write workloads the MDX controller provides a clear advantage. Adding in mixed workloads does lead to a slump in performance.
The SM843 delivers excellent latency with a 128K sequential write workload, delivering 100% of I/O in the 60-80ms range. The SM843 really comes into its own with sequential workloads.
The SM843 averages 3.65 Watts at a QD256 sequential write workload, the Micron P400m 5.57 Watts, the Intel 2.39 Watts, and the Optimus 7.37 Watts.
The SM843 provides 133 MB/s write IOPS per Watt, the P400M 57MB/s IOPS, the DC S3700 185MB/s and the Optimus 69MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit