Inside the MS800
When I first removed the doors, I found that the plastic bag that was tied to the drive bays had broken and the instructions, the hardware, as well as an extra fan were just floating about inside the chassis when it arrived.
Off to the left you can see the GPU support system that will also support a fan to aid airflow mid chassis. To the right you see all of the ten 5.25" drive bays. All of the bays use a tool-free clip on this side, but only the four that have adapter trays are screwed in on the other side currently.
Removing all of the bay covers on the front bezel helps to show these trays off. Behind the cover with the option for a floppy drive or card reader, there is an adapter tray. If you don't have plans for these options, this can also be used as a storage tray.
Down at the bottom are three more identical adapters. While at the top it is intended for certain devices, they are all equipped to take on 3.5" and 2.5" storage drives with the holes in the bottom of each of the trays.
The manual and the specifications both say there is room for 120mm fans at the top of the chassis, but they neglected to mention that there is also room for 140mm fans as well. Also you can see quite a distance to the top stand-offs, and you should easily fit a dual radiator AIO up here.
The motherboard tray offers a large CPU access hole that will allow motherboards a chance to cool the sockets and the back of the SIMM slots. Around the tray there are seven wire management holes, but they lack grommets.
The floor of the chassis has rubber support rails for the PSU to sit on and a well-ventilated area between them to allow the PSU to draw in a lot of fresh air. In front of that you again have the option to install a 120mm or 140mm fan.
Inside of the rear of the MS800 you see the 120mm exhaust fan somewhat mounted on the back. It was at this point that I noticed it only has two screws in it, and both are stripped. As for the slots, since they are all the way back to allow for longer cards, you have to access those screws from the outside.
Behind the motherboard tray there is maybe 2mm of room to run any wiring. There is very little inset to the whole right side. This is why they run all the wiring to the left to give you a hint that the sixteen wire tie points under the wiring is where it needs to run.
The wiring for the most part is black; those being the native USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and HD Audio. The front panel connectors for power and such are on a ribbon of rainbow colors, and at the top you can see the yellow and green wires of the six fan leads and the Molex connection to power the fan controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon