ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP Motherboard
Moving away from the bundle and onto the board you can see we've got a fairly plain setup. We've got that typical brown colored PCB which isn't very sexy and you can see a fairly bland heatsink setup. We'll look at this closer in just a moment.
Moving in closer to the board we can see the expansion slot side of things. While we have two PCIe x16 slots, the H77 chipset can't split the x16 slot into an x8/x8 configuration. What this means is that this dual slot PCIe x16 setup comes in at x16 / x4. While CrossFire is on offer, if you really wanted to make use of it, I say spend the money on a more expensive Z77 board, so that you can at least get x8 / x8.
Alongside the two x16 PCIe slots you can see the far left gives us a single PCIe x1 slot and three legacy PCI slots. It's not the greatest expansion slot setup with a lot of older legacy PCI slots on offer. With less PCIe lanes to play with, though, this is about all we could expect ASRock to come up with here.
Heading across the bottom of the board we continue with a fairly simple setup. We've got HD Audio, COM1 and USB 2.0 headers along with a few fan headers and the main front panel header.
As we turn the corner you can see our fairly standard SATA setup with a total of six SATA ports being present. We've got four black ones which are SATA II and two grey ones which are SATA III. All six of these ports run off the Intel H77 chipset.
As we head to the top half of the board you can see a further two SATA ports in a slightly unusual position. These are two more SATA III ports that operate off the ASMedia ASM1061 controller. Above you can see a USB 3.0 header while to the right you can see the main 24-pin ATX power connector. Above that we've got four DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 with speeds ranging from 1066MHz DDR to 1600MHz DDR.
As we head around to the CPU area you can see the 8-pin CPU connector at the top of the board with a fan header next to it. As we move back a bit to look at the CPU area you can see not much at all is going on. We've got a small heatsink across the top of the board, but apart from that, nothing much else.
Finally we finish off with the I/O side of things and starting from the left you can see a PS/2 port along with six USB 2.0 ports. We've got a DVI-D, VGA and HDMI connector for video out along with two USB 3.0 ports and Gigabit networking via the Realtek RTL8111E controller. Finally we finish off with five auxiliary connectors and an optical out which run off the Realtek ALC892.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit