I talked about mixing up the Mobile Devices reviews, so we're going to introduce some benchmarks now. I've decided to go with Kishonti Informatic's popular GLBenchmark - using their Egypt 2.1 Classic Offscreen benchmark. Being an offscreen benchmark, it runs the test at 1080p, so no matter what device we review, it gives us a nice even result to work with.
We also used GLBenchmark's Fill rate test, as well as their Battery test. We also used Aurora Softworks' Quadrant Professional, running their Full Benchmark and its total score results.
As we can see in GLBenchmark's Egypt 2.1 Classic test, the Tablet S performs a little better than the cheaper Nexus 7, but gets demolished by the Nexus 4 smartphone.
Moving onto the Fill rate test, the Tablet S loses to the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. We see the Nexus 4 pull away by a large margin here, nearly doubling the other two devices.
Moving onto Quadrant Professional we see some more devices thrown into the mix from our previous reviews, where the Tablet S sits just in front of the Nexus 7, and far out in front of the Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G from Samsung. The Nexus 4 stomps all over it again, and ASUS' Transformer Pad Infinity just rubs the Tablet S' nose in it.
The Tablet S has to win at something, right? Well, when it comes to battery life - the Tablet S has it in spades thanks to its bigger form factor and included 6,000mAh battery. The Tablet S is miles ahead in terms of battery life, with GLBenchmark's Battery test showing 5.15 hours of life, compared to the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 which saw 2.2 and 3.17 hours, respectively.
Thanks to the NVIDIA Tegra 3 SoC cranking along inside, the Tablet S is no performance slouch. Pure hardware specifications are only one side of the story, as the software side of things needs to be improved. Shipping with just Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is, while better than shipping with an older version, not anywhere near as good as Android 4.1 or 4.2 Jelly Bean.
So while the hardware inside may be a Tegra 3 SoC, it doesn't feel anywhere near as smooth as the cheaper Nexus 7 tablet from ASUS and Google. This is thanks to the Tablet S not including Jelly Bean and its performance-enhancing Project Butter.
Finishing up our look at the performance of the Tablet S, we'll take a look at its camera's abilities. First up we have a few shots I took with the Tablet S.
Let's test out the Tablet S' panorama abilities, I took two shots in this mode which both came out well.
Below, we have some video samples.
I don't like taking videos with a tablet, but the Tablet S is like most tablets taking video - mediocre. It's not the best, and it's not absolute crap, either.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM