Features of the SN45G XPC Continued
Even though the MCP-T does support two Ethernet controllers, neither is utilized. Rather, Shuttle has used a Realtek RTL8801BL PCI controller chip for the LAN operations. Along with the Realtek LAN, Shuttle uses the RTL8818B Firewire PHY controller for adding the three Firewire ports.
Looking at the drive tray assembly we see that it has two purposes. Its first duty is holding the HDD, FDD and CD unit within the PC. Secondly, the drive tray is also responsible for retaining any face plates which are used when a drive is not present. This unit has to be removed in order to gain access to the CPU socket and cooling system.
Now we take a look at the power supply unit that comes with the XPC units. Taking a look at the specification for the model, we see that the power supply is made by a company called ACHME; the power supply proved to be ample enough and provided a strong signal throughout testing. No BSOD or random resets occurred even with heavy hardware installed and under extreme load.
The unit provides a standard 20 pin ATX connector as well as a 4 pin AUX12v connector. This is to provide the CPU with more amps than the 5v and 3.3v lines can give. Two FDD connectors are provided, one for the obvious, a Floppy disk drive and one for a possible Radeon 9xxx classed video card. Three HDD power connectors are provided, one for a HDD, one for a CD drive and one spare for possibly GF FX video card. We pushed this system to the edge with both FX 5600 Ultra and Radeon 9700 Pro cards, not one problem came up, even under overclocked conditions.
Shuttle uses an I.C.E Cooling technology system on all of its XPC units, only the retention mechanism differs between the Intel and AMD designs. I.C.E stands for Integrated Cooling Engine. This consists of a heatpipe assembly with an 80mm fan that removes heat from the radiator assembly and expels it out the back of the case. A large alloy baseplate sits a top of the CPU which is screwed down to the chassis with four screws and base holes. This unit removed the heat generated by the die of the CPU with relative ease, even when overclocked. This heat is then transferred along four pipes to a radiator fin assembly. To protest the die of the latest AMD CPU's, a Copper shim is included that fits any AMD Socket A CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SN45G XPC - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SN45G XPC - Page 2 [Specifications]
- SN45G XPC - Page 3 [Features]
- SN45G XPC - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- SN45G XPC - Page 5 [Features Continued Again]
- SN45G XPC - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- SN45G XPC - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra MAX3]
- SN45G XPC - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- SN45G XPC - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SN45G XPC - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- SN45G XPC - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- SN45G XPC - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- SN45G XPC - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- SN45G XPC - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- SN45G XPC - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- SN45G XPC - Page 16 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019