Features of the SN45G XPC
The Shuttle XPC comes in a cool retail packaging which comes with a plastic carry handle on the top. This in very convenient as it can double as a carry bag for the system if you want to transport it to and from LAN parties. This package hasn't changed since the SV25 XPC.
Upon opening the package, we find the system to be neatly packed in foam spacers to prevent transport damage along with a few accessories. These accessories include a Standard Floppy disk cable, one IDE cable, TV Out cable, CPU shim, screws and two user manuals.
Talking a look at unit itself, we see the same style that has made the Shuttle XPC such a hit. Gone are the days of using plastic face plates like with the original XPC. Shuttle has now gone with full aluminum plating, making the case look much better.
Like the front of the original XPCs, the front panel ports have remained the same. These ports include a SPDIF Out, Microphone, Headphones, two USB 2.0 ports and one Firewire port. The LEDs on the case have been moved to directly above the front access ports, as have the buttons for the power and reset functions, essentially the case is identical to the SN41G2.
The back of the case is pretty well standard for the XPC line. Located on the right hand side is a small 40mm port for the vent fan for the 200w PSU. Just off to the left is a 80mm vent for the I.C.E cooling system to vent hot air from the inside the system. Just to the right of that are two full sized expansion slots, one for a PCI card and one for an AGP card.
The interface ports are quite different compared to standard ATX layout, and slightly differ from the SN41G2 we reviewed a while ago. Firstly the two CRT ports have been plugged up as the Ultra 400 nForce2 Northbridge does not support any integrated video controller, this means that you will need an external video controller, aiming it towards the high end users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SN45G XPC - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SN45G XPC - Page 2 [Specifications]
- SN45G XPC - Page 3 [Features]
- SN45G XPC - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- SN45G XPC - Page 5 [Features Continued Again]
- SN45G XPC - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- SN45G XPC - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra MAX3]
- SN45G XPC - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- SN45G XPC - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SN45G XPC - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- SN45G XPC - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- SN45G XPC - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- SN45G XPC - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- SN45G XPC - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- SN45G XPC - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- SN45G XPC - Page 16 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Black Ops 4 traditional campaign was never in development
- Battlefield V may be set in WWII
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit