The File Server profile represents typical file server workloads. This profile tests across a wide variety of different file sizes simultaneously, with an 80% read and 20% write distribution.
Both SSDs fit within a tight performance range in this testing, thought the Optimus pulls ahead in overall speed. The DC S3700 averages 30,888 IOPS at QD2565, and the Optimus averages 39,434 IOPS.
The Optimus wins the latency test in this scenario, with overall lower latency. The Intel provides 32% (2,964,148) of I/O within the 6-8ms range, and 64% (5,941,948) of I/Os in the 8-10ms range.
The Intel averages 2.2 Watts, and the Optimus averages 5.41 Watts. The Intel provides 14,040 IOPS per Watt, and the Optimus weighs in at 7,276 IOPS per Watt.
The Emailserver profile is very demanding 8K test with a 50% read and 50% write distribution. This application is indicative of the performance of the solution in heavy write workloads.
The Optimus ruled the performance charts for many of the tests, but with this heavy mixed read/write workload, the Intel shines. The tight latency distribution helps to push the Intel above the Optimus in this test. The Intel averages 30,632 IOPS at QD256, while the Optimus averages 26,762 IOPS.
The Intel also provides lower latency in this workload, with 42% (3,830,955) of I/Os falling into the 6-8ms range, and 49% (4,508,543) of I/Os falling into the 8-10ms range.
The Intel DC S3700 averaged 4.12 Watts compared to the 6.58 Watts from the Optimus. This averages out to 7,425 IOPS per Watt for the Intel and 4,066 IOPS per Watt for the Optimus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit