Cables and connectors provided are sufficient for the most part. The PF-850 features an EPS12V and an ATX 4+4 connector in case they are needed. Video cards are powered by four PCI-E 6+2 connectors over four modular cables. Peripherals are handled by two SATA and two Molex cables that provide eight SATA connectors, six Molex connectors and two FDD connectors.
This is a bit of a dated connector arrangement and it would've been nice to see one of the Molex cables swapped for an additional SATA cable. Also take note that many of the cables are a bit short and it might be quite difficult for you to do some routing in the case if you are trying to hide your wires.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Clutter is kept to a minimum and a pair of heat sinks runs the length of the power supply. Coupled with the 140mm fan for airflow, this is more than enough cooling for the PF-850.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the Kingwin Power Force 850W power supply.
Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are present on the secondary side of the PF-850.
Active cooling for the Power Force 850W is provided by the Glob Fan RL4Z S1352512HH 140mm fan. Wait, what? Well now that can't be right. Nope. This particular Power Force 850W power supply is actively cooled by a 135mm fan, not a 140mm.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit