NZXT Phantom 630 High Performance Modular Full-Tower Chassis
Looking the Phantom 630 dead in the face, the top starts with a gentle rolled edge as the top shaping moves to the pointed front section of the bezel. The top half of this panel is a door that swings to the right when it opens, while the lower half has the angled section of mesh to allow the 200mm fan to breathe.
Behind the door you can see two large magnets that "lock" the door against the chassis. On the front of the chassis you can now see the SD card slot to the right of the NZXT name. Then you also have the four 5.25" bays with the removable covers that come out with the flick of those little switches.
Just behind where the front bezel meets the top panel, on the left side of the chassis, you can see half of the front I/O. This section offers two USB 3.0 ports, a USB 2.0 port, one marked SC (I assume is for Super Charge), and that leaves the HD Audio 3.5mm jacks.
Jumping over to the other side of the top panel you can see the rest of what the front I/O offers. Here there is the large odd shaped button for chassis power on the side of the inset black plastic. This is the three stage fan controller, with a button for "tail lights". Near the top is the smaller odd button to reset the system.
Taking a few steps back to include the full panel, you can see how it all comes into play. Behind all the controls is a section of perforated metal that leads you to the mesh at the back. This allows for up to 400mm of fans under it to exhaust air through it easily.
Since we are using angles on the front and the top, why should the window or the mesh panel on this panel be any different? The large mesh panel is backed with a 200mm fan, and the window above it will allow for a view of the CPU cooler, the memory and the top of the video card.
In the back there is the rear I/O area, and next to it, the 140mm fan is mounted, but in slots to allow for slight movement to adjust to CPU coolers or add a bit more room to get to the 8-pin EPS cable. There are nine slots with ventilated covers in place, and next to them is ventilated as well.
The right side of the chassis offers very little as far as something to attract attention, rather you are left with a very large expanse of the gunmetal grey of the painted steel and colorized plastic components, which by the way match very well.
To lift the chassis off the floor to allow the air flow to be increased, NZXT uses large chunky feet screwed to the chassis that have rubber pads on each to keep it from sliding around. With the increased air flow, it is good to see the pair of removable filter to allow users to keep things clean and breathing well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions