Very little has changed with the cable/connector availability compared the 1200W to the 850W. The only changes are the number of PCI-E connectors available as the cable list is the same. The Silencer Mk III 850W provides two ATX 4+4 cables and two PCI-E 6+2 cables natively wired to the power supply. Modular connections proved four more PCI-E 6+2 cables, three SATA cables, and a single Molex cable.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Opening the power supply, we find a pair of heatsinks that run the length of the unit. These provide the passive cooling for the unit while still allowing fresh air to permeate through to most of the components on the PCB.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the Silencer Mk III 850W power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are soldered in on the secondary side as well.
Active cooling for the Silencer Mk III 850W is provided by the Glob Fan RL4Z B1402512H 140mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series