Specifications, Pricing and Availability
At the time of writing the MDSSD BP4 was just a preorder item on MyDigitalDiscount's website. There are three capacity sizes - 60GB, 120GB and 240GB. Today we're testing the 240GB and soon the 120GB review will hit our website. MyDigital has BP4 in mSATA variants as well.
This is the second time we've seen a Bullet Proof product with a Phison S8 controller. Phison increased the performance via new firmware. The main difference between BP3 and BP4 after flashing BP3 to the new firmware is the NAND flash. BP4 uses new 19nm Toshiba Toggle 2 NAND with 16K page sizes. The sequential read performance quoted by MDSSD is 560MB/s, the upper limits of SATA III. Sequential write quoted is 530MB/s. 4K aligned read tops 46K IOPS while 4K write IOPS is 79K.
The 2.5" drives will hit the market soon and with the following prices - 240GB ($179.99), 120GB ($99.99), and the 60GB ($64.99), all prices USD and pending list at Amazon and MyDigitalDiscount.com. The prices are very good for any SSD, but the performance offered is very good as well. BP4 is also MyDigital's first 7mm z-height form-factor drive for easy installation in new ultrabooks that require the reduced size.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit