Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
The power charts are starting to get a little difficult to single out an individual drive so we're isolates a couple of models below.
The SanDisk Ultra Plus delivered the third best score we've measured to date in the 240-512GB capacity size. The Crucial m4 and Samsung 840 give a little more battery life, but the Ultra Plus did much better than any of the LSI SandForce drives on the market today.
PCMark Vantage HDD Test - Power Draw
Looking at a test during a run in PCMark Vantage we see how the Ultra Plus performs so well. The idle power is a little higher than the Samsung 840, but much less than the Intel 520. The Ultra Plus uses less power when reading back data from the drive. The peaks are random date writes and the Ultra Plus manages to draw less power in nearly all of the spikes than the 840, the Intel 520 does a little better when writing random data.
If you are reading data back at a constant rate while on battery power, the Ultra Plus will actually give you more battery life than the Samsung 840.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series