Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Node 605 is made mostly of steel, and is painted both inside and out in a textured matte black finish. The front of the chassis however is made from a sheet of aluminum that has been shaped, anodized, and is done in two pieces. The reason for the split on the front of the chassis is to allow access behind the lower section of the front bezel. Under this panel you will find room for a slim optical drive to be mounted on the left side, and on the right you have connectivity for rest of the basic front I/O connections, but this time there is also a card reader included. What isn't made of plastic, steel, or aluminum, leaves us with just the mesh on the sides that as you will see, will allow for really great air flow through this chassis.
Speaking of the inside of the Node 605, here will you find an unusually laid out design. Behind the front bezel isn't the typical drive bay layout either. As I mentioned there is room for a single slim optical device for reading DVDs or Blu-ray discs, but even the storage rack is handled differently. As in the Node 304, the 605 uses a pair of those same white metal cages that can support two drives in each rack. To cool the chassis, both side and the back have options. Looking at the chassis from the front, the right side of the chassis has two 120mm fan mounts and one of those mounts is filled with a fan already. The left side of the chassis has two holes as well. One of which has a 120mm fan already there, and the other is to allow your PSU to get access to outside air rather than drawing it from inside the chassis. In the back you will find locations for a pair of 80mm fans for extra cooling. Since we are discussing the rear of the chassis, I may as well cover the seven expansion slots and the white covers that let you know this is a Fractal Design chassis.
As I shop around for the Node 605 I am really surprised, as this chassis seems to be listed everywhere. Pricing is also something to keep an eye on. Typically I would say Newegg has averagely good pricing, but in this instance they are close to $180 dollars, and that seems a tad high to me. In this instance, shop smartly, because I am seeing eBay with a listing of $156.99, and NextWarehouse.com has it for $158.94 total price if you don't want to shop off eBay.
Considering my analogy earlier that this Node 605 is essentially the same as putting two 304 cases side by side, the pricing reflects a doubling of the price as well. This is where it is time to get to look at the Node 605 so we can see just what this near $160 chassis delivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit