Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK CPU Cooler
Staring right into the cooler you can see there are actually two towers of 49 fins surrounding the four 6mm heat pipes. Of course since this is the BK version, my fins are black, and it plays well against the nickel coating of the base and pipes.
The sides of this cooler are not enclosed, but do have a pair of tabs on the ends to allow each fin to support the one above, and keep the spacing unified at the same time, allowing the best thermal transfer out of each fin in the tower as possible.
I picked this higher angle to help show off the shape of the towers, much like something from Prolimatech. To cover the pipes and add a large area for the name, the top of the cooler uses an embossed plate to dress things up.
You can see that the pipes start off very close in the base, take a gentle bend away from each other, but are still aligned right in line with each other in the tower. I tend to prefer a staggered setup, but we shall see what happens.
The mounting cross bar comes attached to the top of the base, since both AMD and Intel mounting uses the same ending point to mount the cooler to, this will save users a ton of hassle trying to get that screw in the middle set properly.
Looking at the connection of the pipes into the fins, I have to say that they aren't very good to be honest. Even with that yellow-ish compound in there, there are still some good sized gaps where the fins aren't making contact to the pipes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ