The cable selection is quite nice for a 1000W unit. Unfortunately, the ATX 4+4 and EPS12V connectors are native to the Tachyon. Rosewill gives us six PCI-E connectors over five cables. Peripherals are powered by the ten SATA, six Molex, and one FDD connectors spread over four cables. All the cables are of ample length, but some might find the PCI-E cables shorter than they would like.
All the 12V power from the Tachyon 1000W power supply is provided via a single 12V rail so there isn't much to talk about here.
A Look Inside
Taking the unit apart, we find the classic Super Flower cooling solution. A pair of heat sinks run the length of the unit providing extra heat dissipation where required while still allowing fresh air to penetrate down to the PCB.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the Rosewill Tachyon 1000W power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
Rosewill uses its own 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the unit. A quick search of the model number will yield that it is manufactured by Globe Fan. What many will find interesting about this particular fan is that it utilizes a sleeve bearing instead of the typical ball bearing that most fans utilize. This will provide slightly quieter operation, but at the cost of longevity.
Something you don't normally find inside the power supply is a spot for an extra fan. Many modders will enjoy this I'm sure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Ethereum mining difficulty reaches lofty new heights
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series pricing to continue rising
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM