The cable selection is quite nice for a 1000W unit. Unfortunately, the ATX 4+4 and EPS12V connectors are native to the Tachyon. Rosewill gives us six PCI-E connectors over five cables. Peripherals are powered by the ten SATA, six Molex, and one FDD connectors spread over four cables. All the cables are of ample length, but some might find the PCI-E cables shorter than they would like.
All the 12V power from the Tachyon 1000W power supply is provided via a single 12V rail so there isn't much to talk about here.
A Look Inside
Taking the unit apart, we find the classic Super Flower cooling solution. A pair of heat sinks run the length of the unit providing extra heat dissipation where required while still allowing fresh air to penetrate down to the PCB.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the Rosewill Tachyon 1000W power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
Rosewill uses its own 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the unit. A quick search of the model number will yield that it is manufactured by Globe Fan. What many will find interesting about this particular fan is that it utilizes a sleeve bearing instead of the typical ball bearing that most fans utilize. This will provide slightly quieter operation, but at the cost of longevity.
Something you don't normally find inside the power supply is a spot for an extra fan. Many modders will enjoy this I'm sure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung plans new 7nm plant to better fight TSMC
- Qualcomm inks Always Connected PC deals with T-Mobile, AT&T
- Justice League fan cut uses Zimmer music, improves end fight
- Ubisoft exploring blockchain tech for its games
- Roy Taylor leaves AMD, AMD Studios gets reshuffled
- Seagate IronWolf 12TB HDD Review
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit