Inside the Levetron GM-2000
There is only one screw to remove, and by gently separating the back half, it allows you to slide back the top to unlatch a pair of clips. Inside the lens in the bottom is free to float around, as for the PCB in the middle; I disconnected that from the bottom half so it was easier to show.
The clear plastic scroll wheel is just connected to the mouse with a central pin in the other side that registers the scroll of the wheel. You can also see it offers the click feature of the wheel with the switch on this side.
Removing the wheel for a much better view of the switch types, you can clearly see that HUANO switches are used under the right and left click buttons, and the ZHIJ switch is used under the scroll wheel.
This is a view of the PAN chip made by PIX. This is a 16-bit controller that not only controls the communications of all the components, but is what also controls the tracking as this optical sensor offers its 2000 DPI maximum.
I also wanted to show that the LEDs in the GM-2000 are old school and large compared to the surface mount LEDs we typically see.
The top PCB that controls the DPI selector button with the use of the ZHIJ switch to the right, it also houses the micro-switches for the side buttons functionality, but I cannot find a name on them.
Putting the Levetron GM-2000 back together, I plugged it in to be sure I have everything correct. Instantly upon system recognition, you are given the red glow of the LED illumination. As you can see, the lighting shows right through the pattern on the sides.
The other side you can see glows just as well, and since I have the DPI set to 2000 currently the red LED in front of the DPI button also glows brightly. The AZiO logo on the heel is also illuminated, but oddly enough, the clear scroll wheel does not.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit