As I spend more time with the Cherry MX green switches, I really got a feel for what all the hype was about. At first I had thoughts that the tougher key stroke would wear out my hands faster, and it does do that for a couple of days, but in the long term I found myself becoming much more accurate in my keystrokes. The stiff resistance offered to the actuation point of the switch doesn't allow you to be sloppy on the sides of the keys like softer reds, even the Alps will allow at times. So while the Trigger may be a bit to get yourself used to in the beginning, I completely think it is worth the time and energy associating yourself with the Trigger because it will lead to you being a better typist, and you get more defined control in gaming without accidentally brushing other keys. For those of you with super-fast fingers, the 6-key roll over and anti-ghosting support may be a little weak for your needs, but I found no limitations in my gaming or typing while thoroughly enjoying my time with the Trigger.
Other aspects of the Trigger lends to it being a keyboard that most users can enjoy with things such as the fully back lit option, the detachable wrist rest, the detachable cable and USB 2.0 hub; they are all good selling points to any ordinary keyboard submission. Putting them all in together with some of the easiest software I have used for a keyboard, the unlimited control it offers users, and the feature set now including the Cherry MX green switches, there is just nothing that should turn you away from seriously considering the CM Storm Trigger as your next keyboard purchase. If I were to try to attack this keyboard for anything, I would say the blunt front edge may be uncomfortable to some users, and is something I found out long term with the QuickFire Pro, but the Trigger comes with the wrist rest to combat this issue as long as you have the room for it.
If you follow my keyboard reviews, you know how high I hold the Matias Tactile Pro 3 keyboard, and to tell you the truth, after spending quite a bit of time with the green switches on this Trigger, I don't see a real reason to go back. I really do think that for my every day runner, the currently $104.99 CM Storm Trigger with Cherry MX green switches is overtaking my desire to even plug the Matias back into my PC.
While this keyboard isn't for everyone, and is why it is in limited quantities, those with desires of using these green beauties, jump onto the local Cooler Master site and order yourself one, you won't be disappointed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [CM Storm Trigger Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Disassembly and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions