Since there wasn't a disc included you do have to go to the CM Storm website to retrieve the software and driver package. Download it, install it, and open it and you are greeted with this popping up on your desktop. The Trigger software opens to the Storm CFG tab and allows you to take control of establishing the profiles along the bottom. Once a profile is selected, you can change the functionality of any key on the board via this page and the function menu at the top.
Under the Profiles tab you can manage what profiles are kept where. While the 64KB of built in memory allows you to store five profiles on the keyboard, you can store as many as you have room for on the PC. This page allows you to be able to set the keyboard before you leave the house so you can just keep game profiles on the board and leave the Photoshop, or Excel shortcuts at home.
In the Macro Studio you have full control of the Macro keys and their functionality. As I set the test name to the left to start the Macro programming I am brought to this handy screen. It offers various ways of recording for different applications. 1:1 mode is an exact copy of what you do, with time left for the applications to open or the time needed to recharge before spamming the next cast. There is a speed mode if you just want to set a macro that has no need to wait for things to open, and then there is a God mode that has not shorter delays, but absolutely no delay in the combinations set into these Macros.
Something I saw after the first reboot, and was the first inclination that the Trigger had this ability. Since the ALT key is also labeled Marco. Hitting it then selecting a M-key, you can program Macros on the fly, and even if you didn't save it, the next time you restart the PC the software automatically scans for those you didn't save at that time, and does it at the boot of the PC for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CM Storm Trigger Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [CM Storm Trigger Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Disassembly and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won't have day 1 download on Switch
- Mortal Kombat 11 patch notes, Ash Williams cameo possibility
- Donkey Kong Country Returns is coming to the NVIDIA Shield
- Full opening cinematic video for Luigi's Mansion 3 released
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons won't feature cloud saves
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- TweakTown's Best of E3 2019 Awards
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- 'Warhammer: Vermintide 2' Deluxe Edition Available Now At Retail Stores For PlayStation 4 And Xbox One
- Resonate on the hunt for the UK's next YouTube sensation
- Seeds of Resilience is out now on a 1.0 Release and a 20% discount
- Insurgency: Sandstorm - Six more months of free content on PC announced in new roadmap
- Defeat Your Rivals and Celebrate Victory with the F1 2019 TV Advert