Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake III is getting very old, but is still one of the best ways of testing video and PC systems for any instabilities and best performance.
When I ran the tests at a lower resolution, I saw that I was being plagued with a system bottleneck. Considering the age of this game, it is not going to be video related, but the performance difference is only 1% when we compare the two boards. When we start setting the resolutions to a higher level and get most of the horsepower away from the system proper and to the graphics board, we begin to see a better picture of the possibilities of the newer technology.
With gains of 5% at a resolution of 1280 and 11% at 1600, we are again seeing a significant increase in performance from the 9800 Pro core. Things are just looking good all over.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 3 [What You Get]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 4 [The Board]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 5 [Silent Cooling]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Testing Information]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Anti-Aliasing]
- Sapphire 9800 Pro - Page 12 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit