Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Samsung 840 Pro. The case is made of metal all the way around, unlike the 830 that used some plastic components.
The model number and serial number are located on the back of the drive as well as the capacity size. The bottom mounting points look larger than most SSDs, but the silver inserts make them appear larger than they are. The 840 Pro still uses standard fine thread screws.
The 7mm z-height means you can use the 840 Pro in your ultrabook.
The SATA power and data connectors are offset in the standard 2.5" form factor location.
Inside we found four Samsung 22nm NAND flash chips with the Samsung MDX tri-core controller and a Samsung low voltage DRAM chip.
The back of the PCB is void of surface mount components, but we do get to see several traces.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]