Mushkin Chronos DX 480GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the actual drive. Mushkin offers two versions of the Chronos DX, the 9.5mm Z-height version we have on hand and a new 7mm version for ultrabook installations.
The case is sturdy aluminum all the way around and all of the mounting positions are located where they should be.
The beveled edge adds a bit of pizzazz to the outside of the drive.
The included desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive so the SATA power and data connectors are closer to being in line with your existing 3.5" HDDs.
Inside we found a LSI SandForce SF-2281 VB1 controller and sixteen Micron 25nm synchronous flash chips.
You may recall the last time we reviewed the Chronos Deluxe, in 240GB capacity size, the drive used 24nm Toshiba Toggle flash. The 24nm Toshiba has dried up now that the factory is producing 19nm flash. The 19nm is still a bit difficult to source, but supplies are starting to pick up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Mushkin Chronos DX 480GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]