Specifications, Configurations and Pricing
The Chimera 4SE sent over to us by iBUYPOWER is armed to the teeth with the latest and greatest technology. It features the latest Intel Core i7-3770K, which is a quad-core part based upon the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture.
The CPU is coupled with the ASUS Z77 Sabertooth motherboard, a sleek black mainboard with numerous features. Loaded onto the motherboard are two EVGA GTX 680 video cards in SLI, making for a powerful gaming machine.
No gaming machine is complete without RAM, so iBUYPOWER loaded this system up with 16GB of DDR3-1600. It features a 180GB Intel 520 SSD, one of the fastest SSDs on the market for fast boot-up, with a 2TB 7,200 RPM drive for mass storage.
All of this is powered by a Corsair TXV2 850w PSU. Cooling is provided by a Corsair H60 all-in-one water cooling system. Most importantly, the system is loaded with Microsoft's latest operating system, Windows 8.
The cost for a system like this is $2,699, give or take a few dollars for sales and other discounts. The cost of this system, if I were to build it myself is not much less than that. When you consider the time it would take for the wire management present, along with the building and installing of all the drivers, the cost premium is negligible, and you get a custom case to boot.
Configuration is available down to the component level allowing for the most extreme customization. Base price is $829 for the AMD FX-4100 powered model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Configurations, Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging, Bundle, and System Pictures]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [CPU Tests]
- Page 6 [HDD Tests]
- Page 7 [System Tests]
- Page 8 [Accessory Port Tests]
- Page 9 [Gaming Tests]
- Page 10 [Temperatures, Noise, and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- NVIDIA announces Quadro RTX 4000: Turing goes single-slot
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms