High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Even with AA and AF on you can see we've got no problem breaking the 30 FPS minimum we want to get at all resolutions.
Looking at our Metro 2033 numbers you can see we're able to get playable numbers at 1920 x 1200, but when we move to 2560 x 1600, we're below the 60 FPS goal. At both resolutions, though, you can see we're ahead of the HD 7970 GHz Edition.
Under Just Cause 2 you can see we fall just ever so slightly behind the HD 7970 GHz Edition and that means we fall just under the 60 FPS number at the highest resolution.
Finishing up with the extremely intensive Sleeping Dogs you can see that performance is below the 60 FPS number at both resolutions. With AA and AF on alongside the high resolution texture pack, Sleeping Dogs becomes extremely intensive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard