Bapco MobileMark 2012 1.5
Version and / or Patch Used: 2012 1.5
Developer Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
Test Homepage: http://www.bapco.com
MobileMark 2012 1.5 is an application-based benchmark that reflects usage patterns of business users in the areas of office productivity, media creation and media consumption. Unlike benchmarks that only measure battery life, MobileMark 2012 measures battery life and performance simultaneously, showing how well a system design addresses the inherent tradeoffs between performance and power management.
Our battery life test ended at nearly the exact same point the SanDisk Extreme 480GB did. Mushkin uses 25nm Micron flash and the SanDisk uses SanDisk/Toshiba Toggle Mode flash that generally does a little better than the IMFT flash.
Were a bit surprised Mushkin didn't roll IMFT 20nm flash into the Atlas. Just a few days ago we tested the Intel 335 Series with 20nm flash and it delivered the best battery life we've recorded on a LSI SandForce controller. The Intel drive uses synchronous flash, but we have another LSI SandForce 2281 drive with 20nm asynchronous flash in house to play with and it does well in the battery life test as well.
PCMark Vantage HDD Tests - Power Draw
Here we see power use over time in a set of real-world tests from Vantage. The Mushkin Atlas 480GB uses around .2 amps at idle which is a little higher than we expected. Sequential reads go to around .4 amps and random writes peak at just under .6 amps in most cases. We registered one hit over .06 in the entire test.
We prefer this method of power testing since it's rare to pull maximum power in a desktop environment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Mushkin Atlas 480GB mSATA SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019