I ran a small series of tests on the unit to see how well it performed on both a standard speed system and an overclocked one. The base system consisted of:
- Antec SX1030 Tower Case
- Abit KT7 (non-RAID)
- Thunderbird 1000
- Arctic Silver Thermal Compound
- 256MB PC133 CAS2 SDRAM
- Creative Annihilator2 GTS w/ 32MB
- Sound Blaster Live
- Western Digital 20.5GB @ 7200 rpm
I ran the tests with the processor clocked to 1000MHz and then again at 1100MHz. The overclocking was done by FSB settings to try to create a hotter processor. This gave results that showed how well it performs under both normal and excessive conditions. The testing itself consisted of monitoring the processor temperatures when the system was idle, after a heavy deathmatch of Quake3, and then after a looping of the demo included in 3dMark2001.
To say that the results were dismal would be an understatement here. I have been doing tests on heatsink units now for about two weeks and this is the absolute worst that I have come across. Idle temperatures were not the best, but were acceptable. Stress temperatures, on the other hand, were horrid. These temps are about 10C higher than other units that can be bought for the same and less money. Even the bargain heatsinks outpaced this one!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit