Last month we took a look at the new AX860i power supply from Corsair. It featured the same digital signal processing, monitoring, and control to that saw in the recently reviewed AX1200i and performed just as well. The AXi series power supplies were not the only ones that Corsair recently introduced so we decided to see what the new AX series could do as well.
Today we are taking a look at the new AX760 power supply from Corsair. It offers 760W of power which is still more than enough to power a pair of video cards these days and plenty more. Corsair claims the new AX series power supplies to be very quiet and very efficient.
Corsair has been putting out awesome power supplies for quite some time now and we have high hopes for the AX760, so let's start digging into what it is all about.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Corsair AX760 features a single 12V rail that is rated for 63A or 756W. Both the 5.5V and 3.3V rails are rated for 25A each with a maximum combined wattage of 125W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the AX760 power supply is 760W.
The Corsair AX760 power supply scores a full list of features when looking at our feature summary. All protections are present, including OTP. The power supply is entirely modular and all cables are either fully sleeved with black mesh or of the flat ribbon variety. The AX760 is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency and Corsair says the AX760 is capable for 100% continuous output at 50C.
The new AX760 comes to market with a price of $199.99. This puts it towards the more expensive end of the spectrum when looking at 700W-800W power supplies though there are a few that are higher. Corsair stated that the power supply is available, but there are many places that are still acquiring stock of the unit.
A quick search online proves this to be true as the power supply isn't available on Newegg, but is for sale at TigerDirect. TigerDirect obviously knows that there is a limited supply of them at the moment since they are listing the power supply for $219.99 at the time of writing this article. The AX760 features Corsair's impressive seven year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's b2b shop could revolutionize PC game reselling
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM