Seasonic provided a very solid selection of cables and connectors for the fully modular Platinum 1000W power supply.
There are of course the obligatory 24-pin Main and ATX 4+4 connectors. PCI-E connections are handled via three cables, each with two connectors. The selection of peripheral cables is superb, offering both short and long variations of SATA and Molex connectors in case having just one length per type of cable would cause excess cabling inside the case. Also included is a Molex to FDD adapter in case you should need an FDD connector.
Seasonic provides all of the 12V power for the Platinum 1000W power supply via a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find quite a bit of passive cooling going on, which contributes to the ability to run fanless up to half load.
A trio of Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the Seasonic Platinum 1000W power supply.
More Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors are found on the secondary side as well.
As advertised, Seasonic is using the 120mm San Ace fan from Sanyo Denki to provide the active cooling for the Platinum 1000W unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 official PC system requirements revealed
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series