Just to test things out with the Adjust 108 and the 36 watts per channel, I stacked eight fans on one channel. These fans are four watts a piece, and only because I only had five Y-splitters, did I not add a ninth to see if the channel could take it. I am more than confident that if I am able to draw 32 watts on it, adding four more isn't going to make magic smoke appear from the PCB. I also put the digital multi-meter to each channel as I had fans spinning on them. On the low end of the slider I got an average reading of 6.04V with only plus or minus 0.01V difference on all six. The same variance was found at the top end. While most fan controllers stop shy of 11.9V, the Adjust 108 only used 0.06V in resistance through the PCB and wiring, delivering 11.94V to each fan.
Installing the Adjust 108 is simple, as long as you can use a screw driver. Once the four screws were in the sides, all I had left to do was wire things up. Since I have the choice, I grabbed the lead from my DVD player to power it instead of having to run a new Molex lead to the front of the case. Getting wires to the front fans and to the CPU cooler is a cinch, but what I liked was that the 600mm cabling allowed me to run the wire out buy the drive bays, behind the motherboard tray, and back out to attach it to my rear case fan. There is nothing worse than short cables you have to pull tight across the motherboard to make connections, and with the Adjust 108, there is all you need and some.
As far as the functionality, I was impressed with the voltage range as well as the smoothness of the sliders. Usually slider will have a jerky start when you try to move them, but with the Adjust 108 very little pressure can make a minor adjustment just as easy as a quick push can slide it all the way to one end. So if you just want to slide them down when sleeping and up when gaming you can, and for those who want to finitely control each of the six channels, they can have their needs met as well. With the high-end power range of this controller I can also run a full radiator of fans on one channel and leave five for various other things or other multi-fan radiators. Essentially you are going to run out of fans to power in a chassis with what the Adjust 108 offers.
To be completely honest, you can get similar offerings, and you can get some of them cheaper, but none of them say Fractal Design on them. For Fractal users and owners, of course this controller makes a whole lot of sense to use in a chassis from them. With an MSRP of $34.99 controllers like the Sentry Mix and Mesh come to mind at cheaper prices, but they are not aluminum faced, nor do they offer this sort of LED package. For what it is, what it does, and how it accomplishes it, I do think that Fractal made the right steps to deliver high power, elegance in aesthetics, and complete and precise fan control.
And the pricing isn't bad enough for me not to still recommend you seriously consider the Adjust 108 from Fractal Design the next time you are out looking for a robust fan controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner