Accessories and Documentation
The hardware hasn't changed and in my opinion this is a very good and secure system. At the top is the bar that goes across the base of the cooler. It then mounts to the ring on the left after it is mounted to the risers and back plate on the right.
Splitting up the hardware, first I set this up. You get a mounting wrench to get into tight spots, and a syringe of CF III on the left. In the middle is the six wire fan mounting clips that Thermalright provides so you have the option to run that third 140mm fan on the back. On the right there is a fan splitter to power both fans, but it takes both the fan adapter and the Molex plug to be connected to work.
Sealed in another bag are eight white nylon washers, four for Intel and the others for AMD, mixed in with the LGA775 spacer. Behind it all are two layers of precut rubber triangles to be used for fan isolation.
Sealed in another bag you will find the longer M3 bolts to run through the motherboard, the thumbscrew risers to attach that top ring to, and the shorter M3 screws to secure it. The shorter, less blue risers are used for LGA2011 mounting, but the top half is all the same.
You saw these when we opened the box, but I thought they needed to be shown again. The installation manual on the left will get you through anything you need, and for those who like to adorn things with tech stickers, Thermalright provides one for you to display proudly.
Inside the manual you get a parts list of everything I described along with their quantity so that you know up front before the installation if you are missing something.
The steps to installing the SB-E Extreme are pretty simple, and if the written description doesn't quite answer what you are supposed to do, the drawings are very detailed and those alone with no words can get this cooler on your board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM