Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler (2012 Edition)
The new head unit is much cleaner to look at than the older, flatter, matte finished tops of the older generation. This time you are given a high gloss top with angle incorporated to break up the basic square shape of the head unit. You also notice there seems to be only two screws holding the top on, that is because two screws are covered with magnetic discs.
On the inlet and outlet side of the head unit, you can see that the fittings and the tubing have increased in diameter to allow for better liquid flow through the loop. You can also see by being able to lay them both flat, none of the flexibility has been lost with the increased dimensions of the parts.
At the top you can see the three stranded wire leaving the head unit. Connecting this to the motherboard powers the pump only. To keep the pre-applied TIM in place and to protect the copper cold plate, there is a plastic cap shipped on it to do just that.
Removing that cap allows us to look at the TIM applied to the base. On the left there is a bit rubbed off along with a couple of spots with debris on it. I always test with MX-2 so this is coming off anyways, but something that may need addressed so end-users can just go ahead and install it with this TIM in place.
I cleaned the TIM off of the cold plate to set the razor against it to check out the trueness of the base. It is flat across in both directions, but you can see a distinct pattern on the base from the finishing treatment.
Connecting the head unit to the radiator is a much larger tubing this time. While this will increase the flow, and you don't have to look at the corrugated plastic now, there is only 10.5 inches of length instead of the 12 inches of most AIO units.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, a Mierce comeback
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit