Specifications, Availability and Pricing
First off I would like to address that there already was an H60 on the market, but what isn't shown on the specifications chart are the model numbers. The original H60 ran with the number CWCH60 and can be found just about everywhere for under $60. The H60 we are discussing today flies with a different flag, this time it says CW-9060007-WW just to sort out the confusion.
We are still dealing with a thin 28mm thick aluminum radiator. Connecting the new, better dressed head unit and the cold plate to the radiator are much thicker 15mm O.D. hoses for these new kits. Of course since we are dealing with a mixed metal loop, the liquid inside has anti-corrosive and anti-algal properties so that Corsair can seal the unit and assure users of at least five years of good service and guarantees exactly that.
I had a chance to review the Air Series of fans that the new Hydro Series coolers use as the basis for their design. While not exactly the same, because you don't have the interchangeable rings, and this time the fan blades are grey, but the SP120L fans used on the H60 will keep noise levels down to 30.85 dBA spinning at 2000 RPM. Even though the fan is only delivering 54 CFM of air flow, the 2.36mmH2O of static pressure assures that air is going to pass right through the tight fin arrangement of these radiators. Since we are covering the cooling capabilities, why not cover what we can cool with it, too? The hardware in the box will allow for anything Intel offers excluding LGA775 this time with the latest generation H60. On the AMD side of the coin this covers anything since Socket AM2 since that mounting has never changed since.
The newest releases of the Hydro Series are just hitting shelves as I write this. With that being said, you can also assume that the pickings for e-tailers are very slim, and it is. Looking around for them on my side of the pond, besides an EBay hit for a sale, you can currently get these directly from Corsair or through Newegg. The difference is $3 in the base price with Newegg listing this at $76.99 where Corsair wants $79.99. Either way, you are going to have to incorporate shipping, so location may make that $3 difference negligible.
From what I have seen over the last few years, the near $80 asking price is typical for an AIO with this size radiator. Now that you know what is new, and how much it is going to cost, let's get to the new 2012 edition H60 and see what it's all about.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit