SilverStone Heligon SST-HE02 Passive CPU Cooler
I thought it would be best to show the top of the HE02 first so that you could grasp what you are about to see on the sides. As for the top of the cooler there is the SilverStone logo and name on it as well as the six offset heat pipes protruding through the fins as they are pressed over them.
With the larger half of the cooler now on the left side, you can see through the cooler and the edges of the 0.5mm thick aluminum fins. You will also see as the middle is supported on this side, there are a total of ten supports on each fin to keep the spacing correct.
On this side you can see that there are four support rails, two near the middle, and one on each side as the fins step back. You can also see the heat pipe spacing and how well it will deliver heat right into the bulk of the 30 fins.
I changed up the angle a bit so that you can see how the sides bump out twice. The front edge, the center section where the supports are and the trailing edges are all set back from the two wider sections.
I did the same with this side shot of the HE02. This way you can get an idea of the grooves to mount optional fans that are provided and to again show the stepping of the design.
Under the cooler, as the 6mm diameter pipes leave the base, every other pipe goes the opposite direction allowing for a complete dispersal of the heat load of the CPU. In simpler terms, it spreads the heat evenly with the center most pipes not having to run down the middle of the cooler.
Moving in much closer to the side of the base, I almost thought these pipes were soldered in, but as you will soon see, there is TIM spilling out the sides, so I can only assume that is what is making the contact here as well.
The base is flat when a razor is set against it, but the finish is left a bit rough before the plating is applied. Also as you can see on the edge of the base, that is grey TIM oozing out between the two halves.
On the flip side of the base section there are four tabs milled into the top portion. This allows for the cooler to use a center cross bar to mount the cooler like with the HE01. This is also why the sides are notched in the middle, to allow you to screw the cooler down to the rest of the hardware.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Black Ops 4 multiplayer could be inspired by Overwatch
- AMD Combat Crate: CPU, GPU, motherboard combo from MSI
- Detroit: Become Human gets gold mastered, demo coming soon
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit