ioSafe Solo G3
From the factory the ioSafe Solo G3 ships with a lot of protection. Here we see at least three inches of foam around the actual unit. The Solo G3 weighs around 15 pounds so it needs quite a bit of support.
The new fanless design has more openings that allow any hard drive generated heat to radiate out of the enclosure.
ioSafe claims a 15 pound weight, but it feels like more. The enclosure feels like something you would fire from a tank. It's built like something you could fire from a tank as well. You don't really have to worry about the unit surviving from a fall; I don't think a 3 foot fall would even dent it.
This is the first ioSafe product to come with less than perfect anything. Since I paint my track motorcycles I'm a bit of a paint buff. Here we see the paintwork could have been a little better, but we are knit picking at this point. To be honest, ioSafe usually sends us products that are so perfect we have to find something, anything to point at and say they could do better. When you get down to a minor blemish on the paint that can't be seen from two feet away, you're looking pretty hard.
The Solo G3 uses USB 3.0, but the protocol is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 as well.
Hard plastic feet on the bottom elevate the enclosure off the surface. The hole on the bottom back side of the base can be used to anchor the unit.
ioSafe includes a USB 3.0 cable, power brick, Quick Install Guide and a card that reminds you to activate the product by serial number on the ioSafe website.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- NVIDIA releases new GeForce 419.67 drivers, Firestorm ready
- Bethesda: DOOM Eternal, RAGE 2, other games coming to Steam
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019