ioSafe Solo G3
From the factory the ioSafe Solo G3 ships with a lot of protection. Here we see at least three inches of foam around the actual unit. The Solo G3 weighs around 15 pounds so it needs quite a bit of support.
The new fanless design has more openings that allow any hard drive generated heat to radiate out of the enclosure.
ioSafe claims a 15 pound weight, but it feels like more. The enclosure feels like something you would fire from a tank. It's built like something you could fire from a tank as well. You don't really have to worry about the unit surviving from a fall; I don't think a 3 foot fall would even dent it.
This is the first ioSafe product to come with less than perfect anything. Since I paint my track motorcycles I'm a bit of a paint buff. Here we see the paintwork could have been a little better, but we are knit picking at this point. To be honest, ioSafe usually sends us products that are so perfect we have to find something, anything to point at and say they could do better. When you get down to a minor blemish on the paint that can't be seen from two feet away, you're looking pretty hard.
The Solo G3 uses USB 3.0, but the protocol is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 as well.
Hard plastic feet on the bottom elevate the enclosure off the surface. The hole on the bottom back side of the base can be used to anchor the unit.
ioSafe includes a USB 3.0 cable, power brick, Quick Install Guide and a card that reminds you to activate the product by serial number on the ioSafe website.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit