Thecus ships the N5550 in a double box package. We removed the outer box since it was a bit dirty from shipping and didn't want to get clean the photo tent again. The inner box is just a brown box with a few informational stickers on it.
Even though the N5550 doesn't ship in a full color package you still get a bit of info from the stickers.
The NAS is secure in the boxes by dense foam that keeps at least two inches of form on each corner. Generally, when large packages are damaged it's from a drop on the corner. It would take quite a fall to damage the N5550 in the box.
The N5550 ships with a nice Quick Installation Guide, Warranty Card and three software disks. On the disks you'll find Acronis True Image, Twonky Media Server and an addition disk with full manuals.
The Thecus N5550 is a small office NAS that also happens to be perfect for our core audience for home use. Thecus only ships one Ethernet cable, but the NAS is capable of dual gigabit operation with the right switch. You also get screws for installing drives, keys for locking the sleds and a power cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [Thecus N5550 NAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz